Our goal at Eagle Transportation Systems is to provide all our customers with quality service, including the safe and secure transport of your goods. We are always working to find ways to improve our handling procedures in order to minimize the possibilities of damage or shortages to your freight. In the event of an occurrence, please take note of the following guidelines:
- You should always check your delivery for damage or shortages immediately.
- If you discover a problem, bring it to the driver's attention immediately.
- You have 60 days from the date of delivery to notify your intent to claim with Eagle Transportation, which must be received in writing.
- Always note all damage/shortages precisely on the delivery receipt, be specific with your description, notations such as "subject to inspection" or "possible shortage/damage" are NOT admissible claim notations and will not be acceptable as a damage/shortage notation should you file a claim.
- Failure to note exceptions at the time of delivery or to request an inspection may result in the denial of any claim.
The party responsible for paying the freight charges is required to initiate the claim, and must supply the following documents:
- Copy of the Bill of Lading
- Copy of the signed delivery receipt with noted damage or shortage.
- Copy of the supplier’s invoice to establish value of the goods/shipment.
- Copy of completed claim form
- Photos if available
Eagle Transportation Systems requires all of the above information in order to open and process your claim. If the submitted claim does not include all of the above documentation, Eagle Transportation will make one request in writing for the missing information. Once this request has been issued, you will have 30 days to submit the necessary records or the claim will be considered closed.
Eagle Transportation will work with you to ensure that your claim questions are answered quickly and accurately. We realize that loss/damaged freight causes inconvenience to you and your customers and we will endeavour to investigate and process your claim as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Please contact Jackie Rodgers toll-free at 1-888-457-2200 (ext. 286), via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at (506) 432-4191.